Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Recommendation for Berlin Hotels

Hi,





I will be in Berlin for meeting in Jun and will be staying at Crowne Plaza Berlin City Centre for the official trip.





I am planning to stay on to visit Berlin for a couple of days more. But the price at Crowne Plaza Berlin City Centre is a bit steep at 150euros per nite.





Would appreciate if anyone can recommend me some hotels that are:





1. Cheaper



2. Clean and good services and safe



3. Convenient access to trains/metros



4. Good if near to places of interest



5. Hopefully near Crowne Plaza Berlin City Centre, so that I have less hassle transfering to the hotel. 8-)





Thanks !




|||



There are plenty of hotels in the area, so I suggest you find your hotel on this site using %26#39;Map our most popular hotels%26#39; at the top of the hotel reviews. You should be able to find a good selection of hotels well under the price you mention.



If you stay on in the Ku%26#39;Damm area (where your hotel is), it%26#39;s convenient for the places of interest, but you need public transport almost anywhere.




|||



If you want to move nearer a lot of the sights, go to Mitte district. It%26#39;d mean a transfer at the beginning but then most sights walkable.



A budget option (but en-suite), on the edge of Mitte (actually just in Kreuzberg) is Etap Hotel Potsdamer Platz which is actually near Anhalter Bahnhof S-Bahn. 45€ for one, 55€ for 2. Ibis is next door. THere%26#39;s a bus (I think M29) that goes past hotel (stop near S-Bahn) to/from Zoo so sd be easy to transfer.



Check out www.accorhotels.com and see all the options for Berlin (etap/Ibis/mercure/Novotel). For example, Mercure an der Charite also has good deals (north side of Mitte). Several friends have stayed there at different times and been very satisfied (49€ a night the week after Easter!)




|||



Hi,





Thanks for the suggestions !





I am really raw to Berlin. Can I just ask, what are the sites that I must see in Berlin, and which are these are in the Mitte area ?





I suppose Mitte area is very big (Pardon me. The place I stay in is Singapore. And I guess you guys know how %26quot;big%26quot; Singapore is... 8-) ) ? So which part of Mitte should I stay in that allows me easy (and hopefully quick, cos I dun want to waste time travelling from place to place) access to the places of interest, shopping, some night life, etc ?





Hope you guys dun mind me asking these questions...





Thanks !




|||



Most main sights are in Mitte in fact. It%26#39;s the central district with many of the museums, and impressive monumental (imperial )architecture. Some sights are just over the boundary outside Mitte, such as Checkpoint Charlie and the Reichstag building. Oranienburger Strasse has lots of restaurants and I think some clubs in the area. Otherwise Prenzlauer Berg which is an U-Bahn or tram ride away. The hotels I%26#39;d mentioned wd be walking distance of all those sights in Mitte.




|||



Hi Lynda,





Thanks a lot for your replies ! One last question. If I going to stay in the Mitte area for my extension, is it easy to transfer from my hotel at Crowne Plaza Berlin City Centre to the Mitte area ? Thinking of staying at Novotel Berlin Mitte Hotel. How should I make my transfer there ? How long will it take ?





Thanks !




|||



Try shopping on the net for the newly opened *** Hotel Ellington (for example at www.hrs.de), which is in the same street as the Crowne Plaza.




|||



As for the transfer from Crowne Plaza to Mitte: take either Bus 100 or 200 in easterly direction from stop %26quot;Europa-Center%26quot; (opposite the Berlin Zoo%26#39;s Elephant Gate) near the Crowne Plaza (both will take you to Unter den Linden) or walk a few minutes to subway station %26quot;Wittenbergplatz%26quot; and take the U2 (direction: %26quot;Pankow%26quot;) and get off e. g. at %26quot;Stadtmitte%26quot;.




|||



Travelling on public transport is not too bad with luggage. In fact, the underground even allows bikes, which indicates how much more space there is than in many capitals!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, September 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment