Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Help with trains

We (4 adults) arrive at Frankfurt airport 9/21 Friday @ 7:20am and want to take the train to Bacharach. Do I need to go to the Fernbahnhof or the Regional station? I know I should buy two Laender tix, can I buy them both at the same time, or do I buy the other tix once I get to Mainz? I think I buy the Rheinland-Pfalz tix for 25 euros for Mainz to Bacharach, correct? What ticket do I need for FRA to Mainz?



Sorry for all the questions, I%26#39;m just trying to nail down all details.



I can%26#39;t wait until we go.





Heidi




|||



%26gt; think I buy the Rheinland-Pfalz tix for 25 euros for Mainz to Bacharach, correct?



yes





%26gt; What ticket do I need for FRA to Mainz?



Normal (RMV) single tickets. 4 x EUR 3,55.





You can buy both tickets from ticket machines at Frankfurt Airport.



The RMV ticket from the RMV ticket machines.



For the Rheinland-Pfalz Ticket you need a DB ticket machines. AFAIK you can only buy the local Länder-Ticket from RMV ticket machines (which means at Frankfurt Airport the Hessen Ticket). Or you can go to the counter, but there this ticket is EUR 2,00 more expensive.





If you have enough time when changing trains in Mainz you can buy the Rheinland-Pfalz Ticket of course also there.





You have to start your trip at the Regionalbahnhof, as the RMV tickets and the Rheinland-Pfalz Ticket are only good for regional trains (S-Bahn, RB, RE). The trains stopping at the Fernbahnhof are not covered by these tickets.




|||



%26gt;I know I should buy two Laender tix, can I buy them both at the same time, or do I buy the other tix once I get to Mainz? I think I buy the Rheinland-Pfalz tix for 25 euros for Mainz to Bacharach, correct?





Exactly





%26gt;What ticket do I need for FRA to Mainz?





The Hessen-Ticket would be too much for this short stretch. You can buy a RMV minigroup ticket for EUR 13,70, then a use RLP-Ticket from Mainz onwards. You should be able to buy the RLP-Ticket at the airport station too.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment