Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Allergic to Oranges?? Need Help

I just realized that all of you out there in TA land can probably help me with this problem.





I am allergic to Oranges, seriously allergic. At home in restaurants



I always warn them I am allergic and to get across how allergic,



I refer to my allergy as %26quot;call the paramedics serious%26quot; which is a slight, but only slight, overstatement.





Any amount of orange peal shaving as a spice for flavoring, or orange juice, pretty much will do me in. Even touching oranges, will give me a reaction.





The odd thing is it is just oranges, not lemons, grapefruit or other citrus.





Can someone give me a handy phrase in German to warn wait staff that there might be a problem.





Thanks





Auntie




|||



%26quot;Ich bin (sehr) allergisch gegen Orangen.%26quot;



(wordly: I%26#39;m (very) allergic against oranges.)



or



%26quot;Ich habe eine (starke) Allergie gegen Orangen%26quot;



(wordly: I have a (strong) allergy against oranges.)




|||



Cant%26#39;t help you with the translation, but perhaps the folks at www.selectwisely.com can.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 31, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment