Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bacharach-Wuerzburg-Rothenburg

Hello,



We will be travelling by care from Bacharach and would like to visit Wuerzburg first before spending the night in Rothenburg. Is this feasible? How many hours to Wuerzburg? Someone said it%26#39;s 2 hrs from there to Rothenburg. I%26#39;m wondering if we will have time to do this in one day. I will also check on michelin maps, but wanted to hear from travellers directly as well.



Thank you!




|||



Should be no problem if you stick to the autobahns, although I think Wuerzburg is worth at least a day%26#39;s stay. ( But then I%26#39;m biased, having been born there.)





A visit to the castle overlooking the city and to the Residenz in the city, as well as a wine tasting session in the Julius Spital or Buerger Spital will take up your day. As castles go, the Festung Marienberg is much more authentic and historical than, say, Neuschwanstein near Fuessen, which was built after the White House in D.C., with electricity and all.





I don%26#39;t think it will take you 2 full hours from Wzbg. to Rothenburg, if you go from Wuerzburg on the Federal highway to Ochsenfurt and on to the intersection with the A-7, taking it south to Rothenburg. This is also a more scenic trip than going frim Wzbg. to the A-3 and onto the A-7, and south from there




|||



Thank you, Treplow! I guess we%26#39;ll have to see how things go once we%26#39;re there. I hope we can make it there, but I also have to learn to let certain things go sometimes while travelling... and have to do the continual %26quot;self-talk%26quot; about not being able to see it all (like I want to!)




|||



I paln on doing the exact same route at the end of June. Based on your name I send congratulations and hope you enjoy your trip.




|||



It is about one hour from Wurzburg to Rothenburg...beautiful drive. I was staying in Wurzburg last fall...a friend drove me to Rothenburg for a dinner party and we were back that night. Get to Wurzburg as early as you can as there is a lot to see...I would head to Rothenburg before it gets dark.




|||



Thank you, cspackler. I loved both Wuerzburg and Rothenburg! Still in Germany now and will be leavĂ­ng Munich tomorrow to return home. Currently in Berchtesgaden and that´s beautiful too!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 02, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment