Saturday, April 21, 2012

Help how do I get from Jena to Altenburg Airport?

It looks like Ryanairs Altenburg airport is in the middle of nowhere. We need to live on a Sat at 8:30am can I take a train early enough to get me there? Any locals with advice? I am looking at buying a eurorail twin pass would that work getting me there? Thanks in advance!




|||



%26gt; can I take a train early enough to get me there?



Too early for the more direct connections. It will only work if you make the detour via Leipzig.





Jena Paradies dep 04:07 EuroNight EN 428



Leipzig Hbf arr 05:29





Leipzig Hbf East Side dep 06:00 shuttle bus ThüSac #250



Nobitz, Flugplatz (= Altenburg Airport) arr 07:20



flugplatz-altenburg.de/site2/…bus1.shtml





%26gt; I am looking at buying a eurorail twin pass would that work getting me there?



Will make no sense for this trip.




|||



Thank you so much for your detailed answers...one more question. The reason we are looking at buying the twin pass. We fly into Koln airport and are staying by the Dom Church sounds like we would need rail to get there. Next day we are going from Koln to Jena I tried pricing rental cars but with gas it seems rail might be better--it takes about 6 hours. Then on that Sat. we are going from Jena to altenburg. Basically 3 days of rail...all I could find is the 4 day twin pass for 169 us dollars per person. Is that the best, cheapest, thing to do? Oh we are 30, too old to get the student rate :( Thanks sorry for the long response!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 02, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment